These are projects that I currently am giving my time to, whether they are out there (and loving it), or still in the initial development stage.
- Sermonsmith — A podcast about the craft of sermon preparation that was launched 2013. I had to set it aside for a season, but currently am working on a reboot.
- Sermon prep resources — As a companion to the conversations on Sermonsmith, I’m developing some resources that I hope can extend the usefulness of Sermonsmith for those who preach regularly.
- Another podcast idea. — Perhaps it would be better said that I’m chasing the gumption to keep this project moving along to the next step.
- Austin Mustard Seed — We lived in Austin for a dozen-ish years and started what became an amazing Christian community. It’s one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done, and saying good-bye was the hardest.
- Help One Now — I was on the board in the start-up days of this great org, and more recently served as the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Getting Started with WordPress — a Mijingo screencast that teaches how to build and customize a basic WordPress theme
- Remodeling our house. — I learned a whole lot about home remodeling when our house had to mostly be gutted and redone after dealing with mold. It was a (kind of) fun process and a year I’m glad is behind us.
- Mac Power Users 121: The Website Show — I joined David and Katie as a guest to talk about making websites with a Mac
- The Ecclesia Leadership Podcast — I served as co-host of this monthlyish podcast that gives space for leaders in the Ecclesia Network to tell the story of their church.
- 200churches Podcast #220 — Preaching, Church Planting, & Bi-Vocational Ministry — after I interviewed Jeff & Jonny for Sermonsmith, they insisted on turning the tables, er, mics
- Sermon Prep with SermonSmith John Chandler — some fun talk about sermon prep and some trauma remembering my student ministry days
- Rookie Preacher Podcast 17 — John Chandler on Sermon Prep, Bivocational Ministry, and More! — yet another chance to be the grillee rather than the griller
- The Productive Pastor 21: John Chandler and Sermonsmith — my first turn on the other side of the podcast mic as a guest rather than host
- The V3 Movement blog — I served on the writing team for the V3 (church planting) Movement blog.